Mississippi Pot Roast2014-10-22
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:05 h
- 2.5 - 3 lb. chuck roast
- 2 packets Ranch salad dressing mix (NOT dip mix)
- 1 packet Au Jus mix (preferably no MSG)
- 1 stick butter
- 12 pepperoncini peppers (remove stems)
- 4 Tbsp. pepperoncini juice
- Vegetables of your choice (4-5 carrots, sliced in large pieces, 2-3 large russet potatoes, 5 stalks celery, 3/4 white onion cut into large chunks)
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth (substitute 2 cups water and 2 beef bouillon cubes)
Place roast in slow cooker and rub the au jus packet and 1 ranch packet all over the roast.
Place the stick of butter on top of roast
Add pepperoncinis and juice
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Turn roast over and continue to cook for another 4 hours.
When the roast is 2-3 hours from being done, sprinkle your vegetables with the second packet of ranch dressing mix, and add them to the slow cooker with the beef broth.
Slice or shred and serve over mashed potatoes with some of the gravy.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe