Roasted Pear Bruschetta2014-01-06
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds (or Trader Joes Brioche Toast)
- 2 pears chopped (bartlett are preferred)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (sub butter)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (just a pinch)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sub cinnamon pear vinegar from Fustinis is even better)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone (sub cream cheese or Creamy Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese)
- 1 tsp honey (sub agave)
If you are using brioche toasts, skip this step... Preheat oven to 400. Lay baguette rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted, then set aside.
Heat sauté pan with coconut oil over medium. Add pears, then sprinkle with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Allow to caramelize slowly – for about 10-15 minutes.
Combine mascarpone and honey in a bowl, mix, then spread on baguette slices.
Once pears are caramelized, add balsamic vinegar and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add spoonfuls of pear mixture on top of mascarpone on baguette.
These can be served warm or cold and will be a hit at any gathering.