The Man’s Salad2013-01-27
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 60m
- Ready In : 60m
I call this The Man’s Salad because he gets his meat and potatoes, and I get my mostly nutritious, highly delicious salad.
Dress with Honey Mustard Dressing/Marinade.
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, roasted and sliced
- 2 medium Herb-Roasted Potatoes
- 1/4 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 2 and 1/2 c fresh spinach leaves
- 2 flank steaks (8 oz total)
- 1 and 1/2 c Honey Mustard Dressing/Marinade
Pound flank steaks and marinade flank steaks in 1 c Honey Mustard Dressing/Marinade for at least 1 hour. Set aside remaining Honey Mustard Dressing/Marinade (this will be used to dress the salad).
While flank steaks are marinading, hard boil eggs, chop purple onion and roast 1/2 red pepper.
Add flank steak and the dressing it was marinading in, to skillet. Cook on high heat for about 4 minutes, flipping once. Remove from heat and let sit while you assemble remaining ingredients.
Portion spinach out on two plates. Top with chopped purple onion, sliced egg, roasted red pepper slices.
Thinly slice cooked steak against the grain and add to salad assemblage. Top with remaining Honey Mustard Dressing/Marinade.